How to make an account interesting and find buyers for business on Instagram? The most important thing is the content. No ads and bloggers will make you sales if your account is half-dead. No one will buy anything if the account posts in the style of “good morning / how your weekend went” and once a week a post with an advertisement for the product. For serious work, you need high-quality photos and a content plan.
Instagram Business Content Ideas
Who you are
Your account should always immediately understand who you are and what you do. This should be clearly written in the header. Avoid formulaic phrases like “create beauty”. Write clearly and to the point, if the main task of the account is sales, and not “inspiration”. Even creative spheres are no exception. The emotions that people come to Instagram for, they can be in posts, stories, live broadcasts.
- Who you are and what you do, how you differ from your competitors.
- Make a video about the company: video from production, from your courses, from your store, etc.
- History: how the idea came about, how it was realized.
- Interviews with the manager and employees (if any), with partners and clients.
- Interviews with stars or famous bloggers who use your products / services.
- Company’s news.
- News from your industry.
- Mission and goals: what motivates you, what problem you want to solve.
- Successful “cases” are stories of how you managed to solve a particular problem.
- How do you communicate with customers: how to place an order, how to solve any issue.
- Media publications: blogs, tv / radio, youtube, etc.
- Errors and what kind of experience received. No one is perfect, but it’s important to show that you learn from mistakes and become better.
We recommend reading it: How to create a business account on Instagram 2020
Posts about your products are selling. An online store can have at least every post with a product card (photo, description, price, how to order). Such posts will have low coverage, but you will take due to their number. If the product is expensive, then it makes sense to do detailed posts about production, quality, examples of use, etc.
- Tell us about your products, about competitive advantages.
- Post-card product: tell us about a specific product: how to use, for whom it is suitable.
- Discounts and promotions on goods.
- Production of goods: how and from what you make, what you use in work. Show large seams / materials, etc. You can upload such a video to IGTV, where it will remain forever.
- How to control quality
- History of creation: how it all began, how the goods changed over time. It used to be so, then we began to do better – so-and-so.
- Examples of using the product.
Posts about your services are selling. As a rule, one post per day is more than enough. At the same time, it can be a minimum of sales (with a description of services). Your goal is maximum engagement and reach. Try to reach 40-60% of subscribers. This requires that each post collect as many likes and comments as possible . Accordingly, make posts capacious, show subscribers your expertise.
- Tell us about your services, what you do and how, what you are better than competitors. If nothing, then this is a good reason to think about what can be improved in your work.
- A post about each individual service. What are the options for cooperation with you. Write the prices! At least a minimum-maximum.
- Discounts and promotions for services.
- Describe the workflow. How does work with a client begin, how do you communicate, what is the result.
- How you started: education, work experience, how you came to Instagram.
- Case: describe the experience with a particular client. The client wanted to receive such a service – he found you – how you helped him.
Honest reviews are one of the best ways to sell. To make people believe them, give links to their customers’ accounts, shoot videos. If you do not have reviews yet or customers are too lazy to give them – find bloggers to work on barter; arrange a promotion for those customers who leave feedback.
- Customer reviews about the product / service: text, video.
- Interviews with customers.
- Customer surveys.
- Reviews bloggers.
- Promotion: discounts for customers who leave feedback.
- Launch of a new product / service at a discount for feedback.
Such posts are very often maintained, which means they increase engagement. Remember that all kinds of lists can be made not only from your goods / services. Make really useful content, including on related topics.
- FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions).
- A checklist on how to evaluate the quality of a product / service.
- Checklists with useful content. For example, a makeup artist can make a checklist of cosmetics on vacation. Stylist – check list of clothes / accessories.
- A selection of useful books / sites.
- A selection of training materials / courses.
- List of useful programs / services.
Instructions, useful articles
Educational content shows that your products are made by experts, which means they do it well. If you have services, then such content may be the main one in your account, so you prove not in word, but in deed that you can be trusted. At the same time, learn to write in an accessible language, and not “like in a textbook”, otherwise no one will read.
Do not forget about Stories and especially Live Broadcasts. Live Hour is a full-fledged webinar where people can meet you and ask questions. They bring together better than any post and it’s easier for a person to order a service from you / buy a product.
- Instructions for using the product for beginners / for advanced. Text / photo / video.
- Professional instructions (if selling services). For example, a photographer can give advice on posing, etc.
- Educational articles on your topic. If you don’t know what to write about, ask subscribers, you can upload a question or do a survey in the Stories.
- Post-answer to the question from the subscriber.
- Ways to solve a problem.
- Consultations of invited experts in your field, mutual PR.
- Expert advice, but already live. How to invite a friend live.
- Live webinar.
Such content will help, on the one hand, to remind subscribers about themselves once again, and on the other hand, not to bother them with constant sales. Try to create viral content that you want to share with your friends. Keep track of trending topics and fit them into your content.
In addition to humor, you can try storytelling – tell stories and life so that new posts are expected as a continuation of the series.
- Provocative posts.
- Life Stories.
- Reviews of films / books on the topic.
- Motivation / inspiration.
- “Situational marketing” – original congratulations on the holidays and reaction to current events.
We recommend reading it: Business of the future. Top Business Ideas for 2020
The most important thing for any business on Instagram is to find what works for you. There are no perfect formulas – do it this way and everything will work out. You need to try different types of content, follow the statistics. At the same time, look not only at likes and comments, but first of all at coverage and sales. If it’s best to buy from you, when each post contains a description of a new product, then do so. But it happens and vice versa, the whole account is from useful articles, and sales are only once a month, when subscribers are already “heated” – they trust you and are ready to buy your course / consultation, etc.